Monday, 10 March 2008

Thou Shalt not...

There was a time when the only sins we knew where those written down in the Ten Commandments...
and then the Catholic church came up with the Deadly sins...and the not so deadly sins (I forget the real name)
Anyhoo today the Vatican released some new sins...and omg they are Mortal sins
some of them are in my own words:
Thou shalt not be obscenely rich (take note Bill Gates)
Thou shalt not pollute the earth (take note Lagos state government)
Thou shalt not manipulate genes for the sake of scientific experiments (take note stem cell research ppl)
Thou shalt not do/sell drugs (w3rd)
Thou shalt not violate Human Rights
Abortion and paedophilia are somewhere in the list too...
bravo Vatican...only succeeded in losing more young membership
since I am not Catholic I think I can say...umm I am not so sure why it is a sin to be obscenely rich as long as no one is hurt in the process of attaining and maintaining the riches...I like money because money is kind of good
I am not a great fan of pollution, I'd like the earth to be habitable for my great great great great grandchildren so kudos Vatican on that one
Manipulating genes...if from gene manipulation a cure for cancer, Alzheimer's can be found...I'm up for it...but if the reason for gene manipulation is to create a super human being then I am against it...so I guess I will sit this bit out.
I don't do drugs nor sell them...so I guess that one is kosher with me
Thou shalt definitely not violate human rights
Abortion...I'm pro life...use a condom if you no fit hold body
paedophilia is a no no...screws up kids minds and we wonder why there are so much university shootings
But left to me I think humans have evolved enough to know what is right and wrong...I don't think we need the church telling us what is good or bad, if we strive to be godlike (which I definitely am striving to become) we should be able to distinguish between right and wrong I mean its not rocket science...dont pollute the earth otherwise there'll be no where else for you and your descendants to live...
with that...I'm of to daydream about my latest crush.

No comments: