That song has been in my head since the weekend and thinking of the lyrics makes me realize how much of a genius Richard Ashcroft is.
And it makes me wonder, the things we take for granted how meaningful they really are...for example companionship...I'm never the one to wear my emotions on my sleeve but sometimes I feel numb, it seems people do not understand the workings of my rather complex mind to comprehend my actions.
I have been thinking a lot lately about religion...contemplating why we humans need to believe in something bigger than ourselves. I have come to the realization that we all need something to look up to, no matter how independent an individual is, there is that stage he/she aspires to reach...maybe this is why we have God.
He is all knowing, ever present, never changing and the list goes on. As wonderful as he is, we humans have done some stupid things all in his name. Look at Gaza today, innocents die simply because people are fighting for Holy Land...maybe Jerusalem should become some sort of Vatican, sovereign to none other but itself and maybe the Christians, Muslims and Jews may live together in some sort of peaceful coexistence.
"And I'm a million different people from one day to the next..." It's these subtle differences in personalities that make us interesting subjects...as much as I love myself I wonder if I can enjoy being with someone like me all the time...
It's just a bittersweet symphony this life...
Trying to make ends meet
Trying to find someone then you die...
I think unlike Bono I have found what I'm looking for...piece of mind with a father in heaven whom I believe is always looking out for me...not providence...guidance and my own free will with Yahweh there to guide me and ppick me up when I make those bad choices that define my humanity...
and life is a bittersweet symphony because to get to the enjoyable part...you have to suck on a lot of sour lemons...mais c'est la vie
Tuesday, 4 March 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment