Wednesday, 15 August 2007

So Long Sweet Summer

It has been a wonderful summer and now it is coming to an end...
reminds me of the song by Dashboard Confessional that goes


So long sweet summer

I stumbled upon you you and gratefully basked in your rays
So long sweet slumber
I fell into you now you're gracefully fading away

I was once described as emotionally inept...:(
but at this point in time that so does not describe me, in fact emotions are overwhelming me, that is not to say I am as emotionally unstable as a pregnant woman, rather I am in perfect control of my emotions just that urgh I dont like controlling emotions take over my time which is exactly what is happening.

I remember being in primary school and reading sweet valley high, Elizabeth and Todd's summers were always perfect because i dont know, it was fiction? People dont spend the entire summer gazing at each other and saying sweet nothings to each other, life just doesnt work that way. And if it does it never lasts that long...as is my case :(

Like something out of a Harlequin book, girl sees boy and has her insides in a tangle...boy notices girl and girl nearly implodes...haha


and as i am sitting in the plane looking out through the window during take off, i will be thinking of him and singing

hey thanks, thanks for that summer
its cold where you're going
i hope that your heart's always warm
i gave you the best, i gave you the best that i had...
So long sweet summer
i stumbled upon you and gratefully basked in your rays
so long sweet slumber
i fell into you, now you're gracefully fading away

No comments: