
Since I live in the US nowadays I only communicate with my parents via phone...well today happened to be interesting, I was speaking to my mum about doing something with her ipod and I told her to speak to my sister when she gets home concerning the ipod (my sister goes to boarding school)
The woman I love to call mother said my sister was home due to the ongoing strike, teachers and students alike couldn't get to school and so it had to be shut down.
In this day and age people still strike over oil price increase? I'm pretty sure there are more things t be worried about, like Global Warming (el oh el).
Seriously I resent these labour unions because they are striking over an increase from N65 to N70.
If I recall properly fuel prices are almost at $3.00 here in the US and that is over 300% more than the proposed increased price.
Yes there is the talk about difference in standards of living and whatnot but do the masses realise that at N70 the fuel price is still being heavily subsidized?
It angers me that every time there is a strike in Nigeria, it is never the people in power that suffer-yes a few people may get yelled at, ostracised once in a while-it is the young students who are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow that suffer.
And then these same labour union leaders send their children to schools abroad so as to not be affected by the machinations of their parents...hypocrisy if you ask me.
Well right now I am reading a Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin...it helps me to zone out of the mess this present generation of Nigerian leaders are creating, watch this space because very soon it will be known as the blog page of the President of Nigeria.
No comments:
Post a Comment